From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP(take2)
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 03:52:28 GMT
HI,

> Removing those two initial PPMC that have since been quiet has not been done, I'm waiting
on confirmation on whether that is needed/requested.

The PPMC should be able to discuss that and work that out themselves and come up with the
right answer if they are ready for graduation.

I was just looking at this month board report and noticed these in SkyWalking report:

"Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
  1. IP clearance.
  3. First ASF release. (SkyWalking 5.0)
  3. Further ASF culture and processes.
  7. Clear Brand issues with other ecosystem projects.“

If possible can one of the PPMC members / mentors explain what these issue are in a little
more detail. It’s seems a little unusual for these things to be listed and presumably unresolved
if the project is considering graduation, especially the IP clearance issue. I can see the
whimsey page (probably incorrectly) states that "No Software Grant and No IP Clearance Filed”
[1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/skywalking