From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP(take2)
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2019 21:54:40 GMT
Hi -

It is down to four people missing from the PPMC list. I don’t view this as a problem. Clearly
there are small operational issues. (Mick - SHOULD is used as specifications and really means
MUST. They really MUST because if not that means that these PMC members can’t see discussion
and votes on new committers and PMC members. They also miss any important security and branding
issues that need PMC action. It’s important, but I think that there are enough PPMC members
available that lack of response is not a concern.

As I understand things from a conversation I had in Shenzhen is that SkyWalking was always
multiple developers not associated with any particular vendors.

May I see a link to the planned Graduation Resolution?

Regards,
Dave

> On Mar 4, 2019, at 1:14 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I think the question is not "Is SkyWalking ready to graduate" but "Is the proposed
PMC list accurate”.

> Well the graduation was put off last time because the project was not correctly recognising
merit, and they have fixed that by voting more folks but but if they are not active then I’m
not sure what has been fixed. It seems this could be a symptom of the same problem? But  I
did also say "Perhaps the roster needs to be adjusted in the proposal for it to be accepted
by the IPMC?”

> Out of interest do we know who those 4 or 5 people work for (or the rest of the proposed
PMC members)? It’s good to have a PMC consisting of people from different companies.