From "吴晟 Sheng Wu" <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
Subject Re: Podlings not following ASF release policy
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2019 01:44:11 GMT
If we don't want the unapproved release happens in this case, I think we should asked them
to give an exact date of joining the incubator.
The new incubator project community should know, after the proposal accepted and with the
date deadline, we don't allow to do unapproved release. And we keep this in our proposal guide
document and template, also ask the new proposal make clear in their proposal.

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin

From Wu Sheng 's phone.

From: Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
Date: Sat,Feb 9,2019 9:16 AM
To: general <general@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Podlings not following ASF release policy

Hi,

One of the issues I’ve seen is that project continues to make releases in GitHub after being
accepted into the incubator, in some case is this because the repo hasn’t been moved over
yet, in other cases it’s because they believe that the code base is not Apache ready. What
should we do in this situations? From what I seen it usually just delays transfer of the repo
and encourages unapproved releases. I would would push for mentors speeding up that transfer
rather than allowing unapproved releases. What do others think?

Thanks,
Justin