From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Podlings not following ASF release policy
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2019 07:42:59 GMT
On 2/9/19 8:37 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> IMO either way it should be ok because
>
> It’s not OK as it doesn’t agree with ASF release policy. You can’t provide release
candidates to the general public and call them releases.

> I do see that several ASF projects seem to avoid this issue but I’m not sure how they
do it. (See for instance the httpd project) [1]

 From what I can see with httpd, the issue is the same(?) - GitHub
interprets a tag as a release at the time of tagging, not the time of
releasing (github "released" 2.4.38 21 days ago, ASF released it 19 days
ago). Short of going in and removing the tag, there's little we can do,
it's just a bad hardcoded feature that GitHub has.