From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [Cava] Suitable name search - choosing a name
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2019 09:38:26 GMT
+1 for Jal

Regards
JB

On 22/02/2019 23:47, Antoine Toulme wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have opened a thread to vote the Cava proposal into the incubator [0].
>
> At the same time, I have engaged with the list on searching a better name for the project
[1].

> Out of this initial thread, we have singled out a list of names.
>
> Here are the names:
> - Rainbow (after the name of my kid’s favorite toy, and in line with the crypto community
unicorn punk theme [2].
> - Winch (a mechanical device used to wind up or wind out wires (Wikipedia) , in the chain
theme)
> - Sprocket (a profiled wheel with teeth, or cogs, that mesh with a chain, track or other
perforated or indented material. (Wikipedia), in the chain theme as well)
> - “Jal”, in reference to Indra’s net (or Indra jal) (with a quote from [3]: "Imagine
a multidimensional spider's web in the early morning covered with dew drops. And every dew
drop contains the reflection of all the other dew drops.
> And, in each reflected dew drop, the reflections of all the other dew drops in that reflection.
And so ad infinitum. That is the Buddhist conception of the universe in an image." –Alan
Watts)

> In this thread, please indicate the one name you like most. Please feel free to justify
your choice.
> Based on your input, the project will adopt the name. In absence of a strong contender,
I'll work with the Champion (Jim Jagielski) to pick a name.

> I'll keep the thread open for 72 hours - that gives us until Tuesday afternoon PST time.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Antoine
>
> [0]: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5634b8f24cf552da4cba12ab4b59647bfa6800b7380833d8131331e9@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
> [1]: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8d8014f53f140a3ccdd517c3c303de1d45cc04afdaee5961ac43e7fc@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E