From Antoine Toulme <anto...@toulme.name>
Subject Re: [Cava] Suitable name search - choosing a name
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2019 22:02:56 GMT
Thanks all.

We have a clear winner with “Jal”, with 4 +1 votes and no votes for other names.
Thank you for your participation!

I will make mention of the result of this consultation on the proposal.

We are now set to open the podling.

Cheers,

Antoine

> On Feb 25, 2019, at 1:38 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>
> +1 for Jal
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 22/02/2019 23:47, Antoine Toulme wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have opened a thread to vote the Cava proposal into the incubator [0].
>>
>> At the same time, I have engaged with the list on searching a better name for the
project [1].

>> Out of this initial thread, we have singled out a list of names.
>>
>> Here are the names:
>> - Rainbow (after the name of my kid’s favorite toy, and in line with the crypto
community unicorn punk theme [2].
>> - Winch (a mechanical device used to wind up or wind out wires (Wikipedia) , in the
chain theme)
>> - Sprocket (a profiled wheel with teeth, or cogs, that mesh with a chain, track or
other perforated or indented material. (Wikipedia), in the chain theme as well)
>> - “Jal”, in reference to Indra’s net (or Indra jal) (with a quote from [3]:
"Imagine a multidimensional spider's web in the early morning covered with dew drops. And
every dew drop contains the reflection of all the other dew drops.
>> And, in each reflected dew drop, the reflections of all the other dew drops in that
reflection. And so ad infinitum. That is the Buddhist conception of the universe in an image."
–Alan Watts)

>> In this thread, please indicate the one name you like most. Please feel free to justify
your choice.
>> Based on your input, the project will adopt the name. In absence of a strong contender,
I'll work with the Champion (Jim Jagielski) to pick a name.