From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Draft incubator report
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2019 11:12:23 GMT
Hi,

> That statement would also forbid maven snapshots. Something which many
> projects (TLPS too) offer. Is that the intention?

They are fine as you need to explicitly do something to use them, i.e. they are not the default
and the user understands that by using snapshots they are using unreleased code and the risk
is all theirs.

> It’s important to me that when we forbid something that projects are doing
> for valid reasons that we offer an alternative within the same statement.

I’ve allready offered an alternative to how projects can do this in this thread. The exact
details how to do this is going to vary by distribution method but all platforms that I know
of have a way of doing this.

Thanks,
Justin