From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Tying Dockerhub into development and release management
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2019 23:41:06 GMT
Hi,

> If projects want to make convenience binaries available for installation
> via Docker and DockerHub, then it seems like we need an official Apache
> DockerHub repository. Do we have one of those, or are folks just publishing
> to personal repos?

A quick look shows HTTP, Maven, Tomcat, Casandra, Solr, Groovy and a number of other Apache
TLP using docker hub. Well they may be it’s hard to know who is publishing them.

All are using Apache branding and most are marked as "Docker Official Images” [1]

None seem to be publishing nightly there but there are binary versions of released source
code in all these projects.

I can also see ignite [2] published under an apache ignite account and pulsar [2] under an
apache pulsar account and nutch [3] published under an apache account.

Pulsar is publishing RCs and looks like it was doing so during incubation :-(

There are more project published under an apache named account here. [6] That account would
look official to an outsider from its given details.

 A couple seem to be / may be pointing to master [7] or latest [9] and others are releasing
snapshots.[8] No wonder podlings get confused.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://hub.docker.com/search?q=Apache&type=image
2. https://hub.docker.com/r/apacheignite/ignite