From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Guidelines for distribution of incubating artefacts on other platforms
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2019 20:27:23 GMT
Hi,

> This sentence is very confusing to me. If the release is "unofficial” then it can't
be subject to ASF's policy, no?

I used the word unofficial as some of these artefacts are connivance binaries. I and don’t
want to open up the “we only release source" can of worms.

> I am actually not sure why we're including GitHub in this list.

Because people are placing releases there as well. Github has a release page which can include
release notes etc and shows a history of releases, users can download releases from here.

> It is unclear whether <project> should include incubator- prefix. I
> honestly thing it should.

Good point. None of them I’ve seen have, I was thinking not and then you need to rename
on graduation which would be a pain.

> You don't have to had a Dockerfile to publish to Docker Hub. This sentence
> makes it sound like it is a requirement.

Right I’ll make that optional.

Thanks for the feedback.
Justin