From Sönke Liebau <soenke.lie...@opencore.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Training (incubating) Proposal
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2019 09:45:26 GMT
Hi Chris,

thanks for chiming in and your offer!

The setup you describe sounds pretty much exactly what we envisioned
when we started looking at infrastructure around trainings - back then
I think it just sort of died down for a mixture of reasons like too
much effort for just the few trainings we had and a lack of "the
perfect technology". I remember looking at reveal.js also couldn't
tell you why we discarded it back then to be honest, but I suspect it
may well have been due to lack of understanding.
Regarding the "plugin architecture" we ended up with something that
sounds very similar, we have a few plugins that generate images out of
things like websequencediagram or draw.io code and then a macro that
updates images in the Powerpoint slides to the generated version, so
to me these two things sound very aligned.

So in short, we'd of course immensely appreciate a donation of your work!

Best regards,
Sönke

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 10:35 AM Christofer Dutz
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

> [...]
>     certainly is mine as well. So that should not be a problem at all!
>
>     Cheers,
>     Lars
>
>     On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 9:22 PM Kenneth Knowles <kenn@apache.org> wrote:
>
>     > Hi Lars,
>     >
>     > I would like to be a part of this too, according to your & the others' best
>     > judgment. I'm PMC at Beam & incubator.
>
>     One of my favorite things about Beam that keeps
>     > me working on it is that it is a natural integration point of lots of
>     > different Apache projects both as data processing engines (Spark, Flink,
>     > Apex, Samza, Tez, Storm, incubating Nemo, ex-incubating Gearpump, ...) used
>     > by Beam users and also data stores (Cassandra, HBase, Hadoop, Tika, Hive,
>     > ...) they want to read/write from. So our trainings are already basically
>     > cross-project Apache-focused material and it would be great
>     > cross-pollination. We often have to help users configure their Spark &
>     > Flink clusters, etc.
>     >
>     > Kenn
>     >
>     > On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 2:04 AM Dmitriy Pavlov <dpavlov@apache.org> wrote:
>     >
>     > > Hi Lars,
>     > >
>     > > I'd like to be a part of this. I'm PMC at Apache Ignite. Sometimes I need
>     > > to give individual feedback to developers related to both Apache policies
>     > > and spirit of developing software in a community way. Why not invest
>     > effort
>     > > into training and education materials instead?
>     > >
>     > > I gave several talks in Russia related to The Apache Software Foundation
>     > > and
>     > > blog about The Apache Way. I also assist newcomers joining Apache Ignite.
>     > > So count on my support, and I definitely would like to became committer
>     > at
>     > > Training.
>     > >
>     > > Sincerely,
>     > > Dmitriy Pavlov
>     > >
>     > > ср, 30 янв. 2019 г. в 01:25, Lars Francke <lars.francke@gmail.com>:
>     > >
>     > > > Craig,
>     > > >
>     > > > that's great news. Thank you for volunteering. I've added you to the
>     > > Wiki.
>     > > >
>     > > > Cheers,
>     > > > Lars
>     > > >
>     > > > On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 11:01 PM Craig Russell <apache.clr@gmail.com>
>     > > > wrote:
>     > > >
>     > > > > Hi Lars,
>     > > > >
>     > > > > I'll volunteer to mentor the project if it ends up incubating.
And

--
Sönke Liebau
Partner