From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zipkin Brave Karaf (Incubating) version 0.1.2
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2019 03:39:40 GMT
> Re NOTICE did you project come to the ASF in 2016? Who did it come from, and if the headers
were changed to ASF ones then they should be mentioned in NOTICE.
I've not seen any example of a project noting prior headers like this,
so I winged a pull request. Feedback welcome!
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zipkin-brave-karaf/pull/30

> Should this file have an ASF header? [2] Where did it originally come from? Answer to
this question may mean that some changes to LICENSE and HEADER are required.
> [2] .mvn/wrapper/MavenWrapperDownloader.java
similar to above, I've not found any apache project special-casing the
maven wrapper downloader file. We didn't affect the headers either..
are you looking for a statement inside NOTICE to say we used takari's
script to generate this? Is that required considering the license
header is apache? If so, wouldn't most apache projects need to do
this, as opposed to just us?

> Re the maven wrapper jar several project have run into this issue and have managed to
resolve it without including the jar. You should be able to find them with a search of this
list. BTW A warning that rat didn’t pick this up and it seem it doesn’t follow directories
with a dot in front of them.
done - https://github.com/apache/incubator-zipkin-brave-karaf/pull/30