From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Binary jars in the source release which are only for testing
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2019 06:18:00 GMT
Hi,

I just have a question about the Binary jars in the source release.
According the Apache release policy, I cannot find any rule about the
binary jars cannot be in the source release[1]. If we just have jars
for testing purposes and those jar won't be a part of convenience
binary release, I think it doesn't break the rule below:

"In all such cases, the binary/bytecode package must have the same
version number as the source release and may only add binary/bytecode
files that are the result of compiling that version of the source code
release.".

Is it OK to ship those test binary jars in the source release kit?

[1]http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#what

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem