From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] New blockchain project: Cava
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2019 22:57:07 GMT
Hi,

Nice proposal. Just a couple of  comments.

> The project is well established and counts 2 active committers. Some contributions were
made from the community.

Being that small may be a concern, the ASF prefers project with a community around them, but
it’s not always a barrier to entry see for example Apache PLC4X.

> Blockchain protocol developers organize well in communities, and some lively discussions
take place over Twitter, Gitter, Telegram.

At the ASF all decisions need to be made on the mailing list not on any external platform
mentioned above. Would the project be OK with moving discussions to a mailing list and having
them in an asynchronous manner?

> We will remain in incubation for a period of no less than a year so we can properly invest
and build a community of users, contributors and committers around our goals.

Most projects take more than a year to graduate, two years is usual but some projects do take
longer. Is the project OK with that and will your mentors stay around for that long?

> '''Initial Committers'''
>
> Antoine Toulme (toulmean at apache dot org) *

Seem odd to only list one initial committer, all initial committer s are on the PPMC and you
would need a minimum of 3 active people. The IPMC generally likes to see 5.

Thanks,
Justin