From Antoine Toulme <anto...@toulme.name>
Subject Re: [Cava] Suitable name search
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2019 01:21:17 GMT
Thank you Anu.

I’ll add your proposal to mine and start a vote Monday if that’s agreeable.

Cheers,

Antoine

> On Feb 13, 2019, at 12:03 PM, Anu Engineer <aengineer@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> I would like to suggest “Jal”, in reference to Indra’s net (or Indra jal) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra%27s_net
>
> From the link:
> "Imagine a multidimensional spider's web in the early morning covered with dew drops.
And every dew drop contains the reflection of all the other dew drops.
> And, in each reflected dew drop, the reflections of all the other dew drops in that reflection.
And so ad infinitum. That is the Buddhist conception of the universe in an image." –Alan
Watts[1]

> And for what it is worth, it is the ultimate connected chain or graph (
>
> --Anu
>

> On 2/13/19, 10:58 AM, "Antoine Toulme" <antoine@toulme.name> wrote:
>
>    Hello all,
>
>    As discussed previously, Cava is not a proper name for the proposal discussed last
week on this list and published to the wiki [0].

>    I humbly would like to ask the community for feedback and proposals on a suitable
name for this proposal, in line with the guidelines [1].

>    In preparation for this search, I have put together a list of names:
>
>    - Rainbow (after the name of my kid’s favorite toy, and in line with the crypto
community unicorn punk theme [2].
>    - Winch (a mechanical device used to wind up or wind out wires (Wikipedia) , in the
chain theme)
>    - Sprocket (a profiled wheel with teeth, or cogs, that mesh with a chain, track or
other perforated or indented material. (Wikipedia), in the chain theme as well)

>    I have researched those names lightly and I have not seen them used heavily by an
open source project in crypto. I followed the guidelines to search across different open source
communities.

>    Please provide your own proposal and let’s work together towards a rough consensus.
If one of the proposals above registers, please let us know as well.