From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Podlings not following ASF release policy
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2019 07:56:14 GMT
Hi,

> Can you please elaborate on release policy issues with Singa ?
> I checked a few things but couldn't find the issue.

Nothing too major. If you look at the download page [1] it’s encouraging people to use docker
[2]  and AWS [3]. Both pages probably has some minor branding/trademark issues but I’m more
concerned about the docker one as it’s not under the apache docker username and the download
page points directly to it without any indication it’s 3rd party.  It’s seems to be encouraging
people to use the develop /latest version rather the the offical releases, although I’m
not a 100% sure, I  had a quick look at the docker content but it wasn’t clear and it also
seemed to be missing important files like LICENSE, NOTICE etc etc

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://singa.incubator.apache.org/en/index.html
2. https://hub.docker.com/r/nusdbsystem/singa/