From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Podlings not following ASF release policy
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2019 12:03:55 GMT
On 2/9/19 9:38 AM, Makoto Yui wrote:
> Justin,
>
> Could you please tell us <dev@hivemall.incubator.apache.org> what
> issues exist in Hivemall?

I'd also be interested in knowing (you may use dev@ or private@ as you
see fit) what issues exist with pony mail and release policies :)

> Thanks,
> Makoto
>
> 2019年2月9日(土) 9:51 Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> So I just checked the next bunch of podlings to report to see if we have any other
issues with ASF releases policy and sadly we do and again it larger than I expected. Some
of these are minor issues and easily fixed, some are not. In a couple of cases I may not of
looked deeply enough into the issue and it may actually be fine, if so apologies in advance
for listing you here. In a couple of cases (e.g. Zipkin) I can see it’s been discussed on
the list but there’s more to do.

>> Podlings having one or more issues with ASF release policy include:
>> - Crail
>> - Daffodil
>> - Dlab
>> - Druid
>> - Dubbo
>> - Hivemall
>> - Marvin-ai
>> - Memo
>> - Omid
>> - Openwhisk
>> - Pinot
>> - Ponymail
>> - Singa
>> - Skywalking
>> - Zipkin
>>
>> Projects that I will be following up with include Dlab, Druid, Dubbo, Openwhisk,
Singa, Skywalking and Zipkin.

>> If you are the mentors of these projects please take a look and see what you can
do to improve the situation and educate your podling on proper release policy. If you can’t
find the issue ping me and I’ll send an email with what I think it is to your private list.
There is probably things I’ve missed as well, often were there’s one issue there’s others.