From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: the case of the maven wrapper
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2019 06:57:16 GMT
Hi,

> And exactly that file in the Edgent and PLC4X project are copies of my original code
(My PR wasn't accepted till then)
> So IANAL, but if you copy the file from one of those, it should be ok ... correct?

It OK from either source as it’s ALv2 licensed but id it was from the 3rd party it would
need to have the correct header and you might want to mention that in LICENSE. If that 3rd
party has a NOTICE then you need to propagate content from its NOTICE file (looks like no
so nothing needs to be done). If it was taken from PLC4X then there’s no need to mention
it in LICENSE unless you want but you would need to update the NOTICE file with the contents
of  PLC4X NOTICE file.

This is why is important to know the provenance of every file in a release, depending on where
they come from it can have different consequences and you end up with different LICENSE and
NOTICE files.

Thanks,
Justin