From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: Renaming repos and security concerns
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2019 13:10:41 GMT
Hi,

> Thank you.  I've corrected some typos, and then added a motivation
> section.  Questions/comments/suggestions, as always, welcome.

Thanks for edits but I think you missed the main reason, it's mostly about the legal umbrella
and protection we give our (P)PMC’s. If they do something outside of what is prescribed
then there are  possible consequences. See [1] "Deviations from this policy may have an adverse
effect on the legal shield's effectiveness, or the insurance premiums Apache pays to protect
officers and directors, so are strongly discouraged without prior, explicit board approval”
While there is still a risk of someone taking legal action that’s less likely.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#why