From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zipkin Brave Karaf (Incubating) version 0.1.2
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2019 04:23:09 GMT
Hi,

> I've not seen any example of a project noting prior headers like this,
> so I winged a pull request. Feedback welcome!

See [1][2] on policy and many many projects do it except those that were developed solely
at the ASF.

> similar to above, I've not found any apache project special-casing the
> maven wrapper downloader file.

Where does the code original come from is the question? That ASF header states it was licensed
to the ASF under an CLA. Is this actually the case?

>  If so, wouldn't most apache projects need to do this, as opposed to just us?

I have no idea what other Apache project do, but they do need to follow header and license
policy yes.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers