From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Draft incubator report
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2019 11:17:59 GMT
On 05/02/2019 10:23, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> We need a formulation which enables pre-release QA by non-coding
>> contributors.  I've given my attempt at formulating it.  Please give your
>> take on how to accomplish this.
>
> As long as these are not available to the general public all is fine. [1]

s/available/advertised/

The pre-release artifacts are nearly always available to the general
public (i.e. they can download them if they wish). What matters is that
they are not advertised to the general public.

To put it another way:

Linking to snapshots on the public download page - not allowed.
Linking to snapshots on a page targeted at developers - allowed.

Mark