From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Tying Dockerhub into development and release management
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2019 01:53:35 GMT
Hi,

> Infra manages the u/apache dockerhub org. We provide this service with the express caveat
that projects note that these are UNOFFICIAL releases, and CONVENIENCE BINARIES ONLY.

By that I assume you mean only connivance binaries only created from an official approved/voted
on ASF releases. Does that also suggest that release candidates, snapshot and nightlys (even
if tagged and/or clearly described) would not be allowed there

 If so doesn’t that just encourage podlings to go make their own https://hub.docker.com/r/apache<project>/<project>
and put them there? And if they do what do we do about it? If a TLP project or podling is
found to be using u/apache and placing unapproved releases there what should be done? (Would
you like to be informed for starters?)

> Until that juxtaposition is well and truly addressed, these discussions will continue
to happen ad nauseam.

Well that is problematic.

Thanks,
Justin