incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Craig Russell <>
Subject Re: Renaming repos and security concerns
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2019 03:25:14 GMT

> On Feb 8, 2019, at 2:59 PM, Justin Mclean <> wrote:
> Hi,
>> We need to make sure that pre-Apache releases whether source or binary are treated
in a fair way.
> As long are they are not in after the date of incubation and clearly marked I see no

As I mentioned else-thread, I think the date should be the date the repository is moved to
the Incubator, not the date the project is voted into the incubator. 

>> An über-comment - let’s be exceedingly careful with time limits for “compliance”.
> What do you suggest? If a podling is not following ASF release policy how long do we
give them to fix that? IMO if the podling is dealing with it then all is OK, but we can’t
wait for months while that is happening.
>> I think it would be good to finalize proposed policies from master copies on the
> Here you go. Feel free to edit. [1]
> Thanks,
> Justin 
> 1.

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation <> <>

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message