From "Mick Semb Wever" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator release votes
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2019 09:20:30 GMT

> On the one side we have lengthy discussions about non-mentors from
> resisting to interfere, but on the other hand podlings are begging for
> such "interference".
> Guess there are always two sides of the discussion.

I politely disagree with you Chris.

What I raised was that cold interference can be damaging to some podlings during their first
release attempt.

For the IPMC to endorse diversity and make the Incubator a safe and inclusive space it needs
to accept that every podling community is different. Many communities will be perfectly fine
with some armchair quarterbacking, appreciating the knowledge that's ultimately being shared
and offered. Other communities will find it quickly overwhelming, unwelcoming and de-motivating.

I do not think there's two sides to this discussion, but rather an opportunity for us to assume
and accept such differences.

Zipkin, like all podlings, will seek the input of the elders of the Incubator. But let them
stub their toe a few times first, by themselves.

regards,
Mick