From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Starting at the incubator and releases
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2019 12:55:04 GMT
On 25/02/2019 19:22, Dave Fisher wrote:

<snip/>

> To me the main Incubator problem is most podlings do not have three fully engaged mentors.

+1

> 52 or 53 Incubating podlings may be too many.

+1

> The Incubator may be too lenient in (a) allowing podlings in with minimal mentors

+1

The tricky part in all of this is that it isn't the podlings fault if
the mentors don't engage.

We need more engaged mentors per podling. The obvious solutions to that
are recruit more mentors (where from?) or accept fewer podlings (seems
unfair to prospective podlings).

I think the IMPC has some tough decisions ahead.

Mark