From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Tying Dockerhub into development and release management
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2019 10:15:06 GMT
Hi,

> My understanding is that only source-code releases are official releases.
> Binaries are just a convenience and not official, so I don't think you have
> to worry about making images available via DockerHub, even if that is the
> primary way most people install.

-1 the PMC  can’t release unapproved code to the general public, this mandated by ASF release
policy and has been previous discussed here [1].

"It is appropriate to distribute official releases through downstream channels, but inappropriate
to distribute unreleased materials through them.”

Docker images MUST be built from our official source releases.

Put it this way if a PPMC could just publish what they wanted  to docker at any time why bother
with official release at all.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-270