From "吴晟 Sheng Wu" <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version6.0.0-GA
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2019 08:42:30 GMT
> IMO it needs to be made clearer as the binaries are not clearly labeled as such and in
the same directory as the release, perhaps create a directory called binary or bin and put
them in that?

How about we change like this?
apache-skywalking-apm-incubating-6.0.0-GA.zip to apache-skywalking-apm-incubating-bin-6.0.0-GA.zip
apache-skywalking-apm-incubating-6.0.0-GA.tar.gz to apache-skywalking-apm-incubating-bin-6.0.0-GA.tar.gz

I will ask for the community, and do some adjustments.

------------------
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

From:  "justin"<justin@classsoftware.com>;
Date:  Tue, Jan 29, 2019 04:31 PM
To:  "general"<general@incubator.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version6.0.0-GA

Hi,

> For Justin mentioned about name not clear, I have given the explanation about the name
of source tar with `-src.tar.tgz` suffix.
> And I have added the statement in skywalking download page[1] to make what is the Apache
release more clear.

IMO it needs to be made clearer as the binaries are not clearly labeled as such and in the
same directory as the release, perhaps create a directory called binary or bin and put them
in that?

Thanks,
Justin