From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Chinese site echarts.baidu.com Was:: [VOTE] Release Apache ECharts 4.2.1 (release candidate 1)
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2019 22:03:20 GMT
Hi Justin,

You are looking at the Chinese version of this: https://echarts.apache.org <https://echarts.apache.org/>

I think that a reasonable solution for the pooling may be to put this website up on https://echarts.apache.org/zh/
<https://echarts.apache.org/zh/> and then redirect. That would fit Apache Branding requirements.
ECharts has 32,319 Stars and 9,403 Forks most of which are in China. Performance might be
an issue.

Echarts Devs would you please look into moving the Chinese site to ASF Infrastructure. Once
that is done properly then we can consider the best way to handle echarts.baidu.com domain.
Perhaps there are some creative ways to handle this …

Regards,
Dave

> On Jan 30, 2019, at 1:23 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> There is also possible a more serious issue re branding, trademarks and project independence.
Now it possible that this has already been discussed, and there are plans to remove it, but
what is being done about this domain name? https://echarts.baidu.com <https://echarts.baidu.com/>.
Please add something in your podling report about this.