From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Incubator exit interview
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2018 03:15:04 GMT
Hi,

I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to ask projects a few questions of committers/PPMC
members once they leave the incubator to gauge how we are doing and find out where there is
room for improvement? It would be simple to try as a proof of concept on a couple of graduating
projects to see to we get any valuable feedback that we don’t normally get on this list
or in the podling reports.

Some suggested questions off the top of my head:

Thinking about the project that you have just graduated as part of:
- I am a X committer X PMC member X mentor X none of those X rather not say
- How many times have you gone through the incubation process: X one X two X three X more
than three
- Have you felt supported by the incubator? If not what could be improved?
- Have you felt supported by the your mentors? If not what could be improved?
- Did you run into any issues with any part of the incubating process? If so what?
- Was is clear what you needed to do to graduate?
- What, if anything, could be done to make the graduation process smoother?
- Is the time taken to graduate X too short? X just right? X too long?
- Do you have a good understanding of the Apache Way? If not what areas are you unclear on?
- Anything else you want to add or comment on?

Probably best if answers were anonymous. Anyone have any ideas for other questions or improvement
to the above? I’d like to keep it under a dozen questions.

Thanks,
Justin