From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hudi Incubation Proposal
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2018 22:42:15 GMT
Hi,

Nice proposal and sounds like an interesting project.

A couple of things I noticed that may need some further thought or discussion:
- Use of slack for communication. [1] Has the project thought about how moving conversations
and decision making to a mailing list will affect the community?
- Relatively high bar for committership [1]. While it's up to every (P)PMC to set the bar,
having a high bar hinders project growth and limits people who are unable to work full time
of the project.
- No mention of non-code contributions at [1], as teh ASF we welcome all forms of contribution.
- Why the low number (6) of initial committers?
- Of the initial committers mentioned it’s not obvious that all have made contributions
to the project. You mind listing their GitHub names or listing their previous contribution
to the project.
- Under relationships with other Apache Products “there are no direct competing projects
with Hudi” is not a concern. The ASF allows directly competing projects.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://uber.github.io/hudi/community.html#becoming-a-committer