From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Establishing an ASF project for training
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2018 09:07:05 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 2:23 PM Lars Francke <lars.francke@gmail.com> wrote:
&gt; ...we do not believe that a slide-deck is worth
&gt; that much on its own...

I agree but I think the course outline has a lot of value: if I know
the topic and have a good course plan, I can walk in and deliver a
valuable course without much preparation.

But you are right that the instructor is the real added value and
sharing course plans, exercises etc. makes a lot of sense and should
help make *all* instructors more valuable by sharing that "course
infrastructure".

Neutral formats work well for that - creating nice slides out of of
them might also be added value that people can provide, outside of the
project. We all know how hard it is to agree on the look of shiny
things in Open Source projects ;-)

I agree with Rich that this can overlap with other Central Services
that have been discussed recently, so the starting point might just be
to create such a Central Services PMC and take it from there.

If there are enough ASF Members on board I also agree with Rich that
straight-to-TLP makes sense. I might not be able to provide much
concrete help but I am *very* supportive of the idea.

-Bertrand