From Vinoth Chandar <vin...@uber.com.INVALID>
Subject [DISCUSS] Hudi Incubation Proposal
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2018 21:52:02 GMT
Hello everyone,

I would like to start a thread to get feedback around incubating Uber's
Hudi project with ASF.

Hudi is a big-data storage library, that provides atomic upserts and
incremental data streams, directly on top of data stored in Hadoop
compatible file systems & object stores. Hudi leverages a lot of Apache
projects - Spark, Avro, Parquet, Hive - to achieve this. At Uber, Hudi
manages all the data in our big-data platform
<https://eng.uber.com/uber-big-data-platform/>, and enables incremental ETL
pipelines. Over the past year, we have also seen usages/interest outside of
Uber and hence the proposal.

Full proposal is here
https://github.com/uber/hudi/wiki/ASF-Proposal
Happy to move it under incubator's wiki.

Thank you for your time!

Thanks
Vinoth