From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Incubator exit interview
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2018 02:39:22 GMT
On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 7:15 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to ask projects a few questions of committers/PPMC
members once they leave the incubator to gauge how we are doing and find out where there is
room for improvement? It would be simple to try as a proof of concept on a couple of graduating
projects to see to we get any valuable feedback that we don’t normally get on this list
or in the podling reports.

> Some suggested questions off the top of my head:
>
> Thinking about the project that you have just graduated as part of:
> - I am a X committer X PMC member X mentor X none of those X rather not say
> - How many times have you gone through the incubation process: X one X two X three X
more than three
> - Have you felt supported by the incubator? If not what could be improved?
> - Have you felt supported by the your mentors? If not what could be improved?
> - Did you run into any issues with any part of the incubating process? If so what?
> - Was is clear what you needed to do to graduate?
> - What, if anything, could be done to make the graduation process smoother?
> - Is the time taken to graduate X too short? X just right? X too long?
> - Do you have a good understanding of the Apache Way? If not what areas are you unclear
on?
> - Anything else you want to add or comment on?
>
> Probably best if answers were anonymous. Anyone have any ideas for other questions or
improvement to the above? I’d like to keep it under a dozen questions.

I like this idea a lot! In fact, I like it so much that I'd really
love to see it as an on-going feedback rather than a one-time deal.

That, however, can be the next step I suppose.

So yeah: +1!

Thanks,
Roman.