From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 6.0.0-beta
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2018 08:43:34 GMT
I think we can to add the release note on the github to let other know
the github zip is quite different from the official source release.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Mon, Dec 24, 2018 at 8:16 AM 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu.sheng@foxmail.com> wrote:

> I see. The tag is only true source release if you do "git clone & submodule init
& submodule update", then UI and other submodule codes come out.
> If you use download button at GitHub page, github doesn't include the submodule, which
is a github issue. We have noticed this and also this is why we put a section in our compiling
document, to guide user build from GitHub.
> Thanks for helping on recheck these details. Justin.
>

> Sheng Wu
> Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin
>
> From Wu Sheng 's phone.

> From: Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
> Date: Mon,Dec 24,2018 8:09 AM
> To: general <general@incubator.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version 6.0.0-beta
>

> Hi,
>
> > Could you provide more detail about the differences?
> > SkyWalking has a release shell script[1], which excludes some files(such as git
and submodule files) from github tag to build the source tar. Is this what you found?

> Could be, also some more difference between the UI. Just download the branch from gthub
and do a diff -r and you see the differences.