From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ratis Thirdparty 0.2.0 rc0
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2018 20:48:52 GMT
Hi,

> Are we looking at different things, Justin? The NOTICE file in the directory you mention
only has copyright information for bundled software (and text to help us know to what product
that copyright statement applies).

That is not the purpose of NOTICE.

> Are you expecting a more verbatim inclusion of the full NOTICE content and not the relevant
"spirit”?

See [1]

> For LICENSE, gRPC is ALv2 (no mention required), protobuf-java is 3-clause BSD (which
is included), netty is ALv2 (no mention required), and gson is also ALv2. What do you see
that's missing?

It’s not required but recommend that all licenses be listed in LICENSE. [2]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep