From "Jonas Pfefferle" <peppe...@japf.ch>
Subject licenses and copyrights of dependencies
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2018 12:35:04 GMT
Hi all,

We are just preparing a new release and are wondering how and what is
required for licenses and copyrights of components shipped with an artifact.
According to the release
policy http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#distribute-other-artifacts

we need to include licenses of all components shipped in an artifact. The
example just appends all licenses to the LICENSE file including the
copyrights. Is the copyright required? Shouldn't the copyright be appended
to the NOTICE file instead?

Also we found that some artifacts have contradicting or missing licenses
e.g. in the pom of one artifact a BSD clause 2 license is mentioned but no
LICENSE files are shipped in the jars, however the source contains a BSD
clause 3 license.

Thanks,
Jonas