From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Changing requirements for IPMC
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2018 07:25:25 GMT
Hi,

There’s two ways to join the IPMC:
1. If you are an ASF member and they are automatically in*
2. The current IPMC can vote on someone into the IPMC*

The issue with 2 is that it hard to recognise people who want to be IPMC member, so my proposal
is more about getting those people more easily recognised, rather than any real change of
the requirements. It’s more a change in perception of what’s required. The list I provided
is just a suggested list that would hopefully indicate that they may have the required skills
and experience to be considered for IPMC membership,

I too would like to see more innovation and diversity, so if you think someone would make
a good IPMC member but they don’t fit what’s on that list please propose them on the private
list (and give reasons(s) why they would make a good IPMC member) and the IPMC will consider
and possibly vote them in.

Thanks,
Justin

* unless the board decides otherwise