From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Changing requirements for IPMC
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2018 01:30:59 GMT
+1 to elected non-members to the IPMC.
In this way, We could leverage hands from the PPMC member who has some
experience podling process.
>From my experience I learned a lot from the whole podling process even
I mentored serval project before.

Regards,

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem
On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 5:48 AM Justin Mclean <jmclean@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Yes, and commitment is the key. The IPMC can fix this if we take some examples.
> >
> > (1) We have elected non-members to the IPMC. I was one. We should be more active
in identifying merit.

> This is part of the issue, but I think with a large IPMC and a very large pool of potential
people it's a lot harder to recognise people with merit compared to other PMCs.

> Anyone that is brought up for discussion, unless they are well known to several active
IPMC members, doesn't tend to go anywhere. (e.g. see last person I brought up for possible
inclusion in the IPMC).

> Its also hard to recognise people who have merit from working in their podling (or even
several podlings) as an IPMC member needs to be active in all of podlings to se that activity.

> And finally when we do recognise people, there's probably a greater chance (compared
to other PMCs) that they may not be interested in joining the IPMC as it may be tangential
to their interests.