From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Voting in new IPMC members
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2018 07:41:00 GMT
Hi,

I was looking at the IPMC policy on addd new IPMC members [1] and noticed something odd it
states:
"Individuals may be nominated to join the IPMC after a vote which passes with more than 3/4
of those voting.”

Anyone know the history of this? It seem to come from this thread [2]. That thread is very
long covers a wide amount ground, so you may want to scroll to the end, but it’s interesting
to see the incubator faceless some of the some issues but has also changed a lot since then.

In practice it probably doesn’t matter given there’s so few votes and even fewer -1 votes,
I’m just curious where where it come from and why it’s different from what most PMCs do.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://incubator.apache.org/policy/roles_and_responsibilities.html#incubator_project_management_committee_ipmc
2. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/108162cb65612eb12154ddf571822bbbe9795c750e1bcf2ba91a8c4c@1364068976@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E