From "Eric Friedrich -X (efriedri - TRITON UK BIDCO LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)" <efrie...@cisco.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.3.0-incubating (RC1)
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2018 20:32:06 GMT
Hi-
  A few notes on the release package. Structure and contents look fine, but I’ve included
some suggestions on some of the supporting things

Git tag not signed. I dont think this is a hard requirement but is good practice
$ git tag -v v0.3.0-incubating-rc1
error: v0.3.0-incubating-rc1: cannot verify a non-tag object of type commit.

Commit is empty in dist/toree/VERSION (but is correct in the binary release)
$ cat dist/toree/VERSION
VERSION: 0.3.0-incubating
COMMIT:

Was not able to build from source using Vagrant, perhaps something is wrong with my environment.

$ vagrant up
$ export USE_VAGRANT=true
$ make
Getting Scala 2.12.6 (for sbt)...
:: retrieving :: org.scala-sbt#boot-scala
	confs: [default]
	5 artifacts copied, 0 already retrieved (19632kB/72ms)
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: scala/Option : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

I checked:
- sigs and hashes good
- Licenses present and correct
- NOTICE file present