From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Changing requirements for IPMC
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2018 18:10:11 GMT
Hi -

>> ...I propose this:
>>
>> If someone has done several of the following:
>> - has been involved in an incubating project from start to finish
>> - has been a release manager
>> - has assembled LICENSE and NOTICE files
>> - has reviewed and voted on releases
>> - has proposed or accepted committers/PPMC members
>>
>> Then they can ask the IPMC to join to IPMC by sending an email to private@ listing
what they have been involved in...

> I like that, +1

I think that those items are hard to measure and are oriented to release policy only.

I would propose a simpler requirement.

- Any PMC member of any TLP including ComDev. We then do formal NOTICE to the Board and if
there is a concern address it.

> And maybe we should make sure each podling has at least one
> experienced mentor, that is one who has successfully brought other
> podlings to graduation, or a long-time ASF Member.

- Experienced IPMC mentor is good, but these could be one who may drop out.
- I think we should explicitly look at the proposal and mentors listed and then express any
concerns.

If we do this then I think the IPMC will need to make sure that we have enough active shepherds
(or we need to discuss this on Justin’s thread about reading the report.)

Regards,
Dave