From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Restarting an IPMC?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2018 08:31:55 GMT
Hi all,

well that's the main problem ... I doubt that we would have enough PPMCs voting.
I had addressed a security problem some time ago and didn't get a single response on the private
list.

So we could do the following ... I nominate some new PPMCs and start a vote.
If not enough votes come in, I'll come back here asking for the IPMCs assistance again.

And regarding leaving: I would really like to stay as it took quite some effort setting up
everything and having it run nicely on our systems.
Leaving with the intention of coming back would be weird. And we would have to stop calling
it Edgent and would have to change the package and artifact names ...

Chris

´╗┐Am 06.11.18, 09:27 schrieb "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacretaz@codeconsult.ch>:

    Hi Chris,

    On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 9:19 AM Christofer Dutz
    <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
    > ...  2.  Is it possible to sort of reset a podling IPMC and start with a new set
of people?...

    I think the easiest is to have the existing PMC vote in new members.

    If that doesn't work, I think the votes of Incubator PMC members (who
    are not necessarily mentors of that podling) are valid for electing
    new podling committers and PPMC members. In the end the Incubator PMC
    is in charge of all podlings.

    By the way I think you mean "restarting a PPMC" in the subject line.

    -Bertrand