From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Restarting an IPMC?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2018 08:27:56 GMT
UPS ... didn't mean the (I)PCM , but the (P)PMC ...

Am 06.11.18, 09:18 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:

    Hi all,

    as it seems and as I have reported in the last podling report, the Apache Edgent project
had been suffering of one of the things that happen if you don’t have a diverse committer
base.
    After IBM pulling out the Edgent contributors we are left effectively with only me. After
mentioning my thoughts about asking to retire Edgent, some people have been popping up stating
their academic work being based somewhat on Edgent and their willingness to start actively
participating.

    So I have a few questions:

      1.  Is there anyone here on this list, willing to contribute as Committer/PPMC or even
as Mentor?
      2.  Is it possible to sort of reset a podling IPMC and start with a new set of people?
      3.  Should we retire, continue outside and come back as soon as we have a new little
community?

    I would definitely prefer 1 and 2 being answered positively ;-)

    Chris