From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc3]
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2018 12:38:05 GMT
Hi,

> Correct, the copyright headers were removed. Previously the copyright was part of the
NOTICE file however we removed it after you pointed out that it does not belong there: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CRAIL-33

Right I had forgotten about that. IMO If depends on if the situation is a) IBM is asking for
a copyright notice because they are currently working on it and/or b) it they had copyright
and the headers were removed. If it’s a) go with CREDITS and if it’s b) iI think it needs
to go in NOTICE. The original issue was IBM want to extend the year in the NOTICE file to
beyond the incubation date which is not ASF policy right? If you are unsure ask on legal discuss,
but (again) I know of no other project (with the exception of OpenWisk) hat does it this way.

Thanks,
Justin