From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc3]
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2018 10:15:41 GMT
Hi,

> It is signed with an Apache email address:
>
> $ gpg --verify apache-crail-1.1-incubating-src.tar.gz.asc
> gpg: assuming signed data in `apache-crail-1.1-incubating-src.tar.gz'
> gpg: Signature made Fri 26 Oct 2018 12:50:58 PM CEST using RSA key ID AA557B11
> gpg: Good signature from "Jonas Pfefferle <pepperjo@apache.org>”

Odd I get:
gpg: assuming signed data in 'apache-crail-1.1-incubating-bin.tar.gz'
gpg: Signature made Fri 26 Oct 21:50:58 2018 AEDT
gpg:                using RSA key 9C196C5FAA557B11
gpg: Good signature from "Jonas Pfefferle <jpf@zurich.ibm.com>" [unknown]

But it’s not a big issue or one that stops you making a release.

>> - What is contained in CREDITS is ally in NOTICE (in a slightly different form).
>
> There was some discussion on the last release the reason we have the CREDITS file is
> respect IBM's copyright.

But I assume there copyright headers were removed from source files right? If so I think this
applies [1] which means it's likely that it needs to be added to NOTICE file according to
ASF policy.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers