From Adam Feng <cxfe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Podlings likely missing mentors
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2018 03:46:26 GMT
Hi, Justin

Just copy discussion in private@weex to this thread and explain our demands for extra active
mentors.

We sent a mail to all the mentors in May and only Willem responded.  Missing active mentors
is a big problem to Weex community and we mentioned it in last podling reports.

> From late last year, we see some progress has been made within the community, but definitely
that is not enough. We held the 3rd WeexConf as well as the meetup in Shenzhen during this
year, which is widely acknowledged by the Weex community and developers mainly from China;
The activities in the mail list has increased, but still varies time to time; and we have
new contributors from PayTM, Tencent and other companies, but still need more contribution
to be a committer; and the community release has been blocked by the Yoga replacement, the
work has been done recently and we are preparing for a new release in the near future.

> From my perspective, this is still a young community and need to be cultivated with your
help. I’ve talked with the committers and main contributors of this project, from them I
see the enthusiasm and belief in the open source and community, even they don’t quite know
how exactly to make things right under the Apache way, especially under such a pressure of
their job work. So I hope we can still receive your guidance as a mentor and continue to help
this project to graduate, if you still have time and passion to follow up.

The next big thing is the community release, we hope to make it done asap,  we studies hard
to be familiar with the procedure and have made 5 release candidates.  We sent a release
vote to general@ nearly a month ago,  we still need one more +1 but no feedback.  Maybe
it is also due to the lack of active mentors.

So we will be very appreciated if anyone would like to be our mentor and help us with the incubating
journey.

Thanks.
Adam Feng
在 2018年10月4日 +0800 PM10:47,Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org>,写道: