From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2018 10:45:40 GMT
Hi,

>> - A search of the private list show only one PPMC added past the initial commuter
list and they were added without NOTICE being sent (and only corrected when I pointed it out).
> Yes, that is correct. The community decided to accept him. But number of contributors
grows well, from less than 20 to near 70 just in main repo.

In order to grow the community you not only need to attract contributors but also need to
recognise merit and hand out commit bits to those deserving of it.

>> - The podling roster lists both PPMC and committers [1], including people not on
the initial list [2], but I’m unable to find any discussion or votes to why they were added.
> That is because SkyWalking has the community, and its PMC and committer teams before
join the incubator[3]. We keep that as same as before, in order to avoid more concerns.

I’m sorry but that raises more concerns, similar to above, but perhaps I'm misunderstand
what you mean here. The structure of the old pre Apache community shouldn’t really effect
the makeup of the proposed PMC, usually the initial committers of the podling should be PPMC
and thus proposed PMC members (unless they have indicated otherwise).

But again I welcome input from the project mentors and happy to go wth what they (and any
other IPMC members) think.

> - Has a software grant been received or IP clearance happened?
> The SGA is not required from my understanding. This project is my personal project, and
then belong to OpenSkywalking org which is just a virtual org in GitHub.

And all of the contributors to OpenSkywalking org have signed ICLAs? Is this recorded anywhere?
Was the IP clearance completed? [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://incubator.apache.org/guides/ip_clearance.html