From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2018 10:58:47 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your response it clears up a few things, but I’m still concerned about community
growth and in particular how merit is recognised and still think, despite good progress being
made, that it may be a little too early for SkyWalking to leave the incubator.

> Well spotted.
> DongXue Si, Kai Wang, Sheng Wang, Yang Bai, Yuntao Li, Zhang Kewei, should all be part
of the PPMC (and should have been from the podling creation).

Well that explains one thing.

> This was a mistake made, mea cupla, confusing the process for adding the initial PPMC
and adding new PPMC.
> Everyone learnt by the mistake being made.
>
> Although a mistake was also made in not first voting this person in as a committer.

Voting people in as PMC members, skipping the committer step is fine, and for some projects
there’s no distinction between the two,

> HaoyangShinn Zhang is Xin Zhang, who appears in the original proposal. There was some
confusion about clashing apache IDs early on. This is one of the reasons I like see the chinese
name used after the english name.

And that explains that.

Thanks,
Justin