From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Podlings likely missing mentors
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2018 23:17:55 GMT
Justin -- I thought we retired the Slider podling. Going off my mail
client, INFRA-16568 tracked this and was done at the end of May.

Maybe some podling metadata didn't get cleaned up fully?

On 10/2/18 6:36 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here the list of podlings that currently have one or two mentors in their roster:
> Annotator
> Daffodil
> Milagro
> Myriad
> ODF toolkit
> Pony mail
> Quickstep
> S2Graph
> Spot
> Superset
> Tamaya
> Unomi
> Warble
>
> And the list that are likely to have only one or two active mentors:
> Airflow
> Batchee
> Crail
> Edgent
> Hivemail
> Omid
> Openwhisk
> Samoa
> Sdap
> Sensoft
> Servicecomb
> Slider
> Tephra
> Toree
> Weex
>
> It seems that 3 mentors tend to work well. Now it may be that there are reasons that
having only one or two mentors is fine as:
> - The project is about to retire or graduate
> - They are very active mentors
> - The podling doesn't need much help
>
> I believe the reason 3 mentor were originally needed was to get incubator votes on releases
through which has become less of an issue now, although we currently still have some outstanding
votes.

> Do any of the podlings listed above think they need an extra mentor? Or do other mentors
on those projects think another is required? A few e.g. (Annotator, Daffodil, Milagro) have
been discussed already.