From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Email to be sent to inactive mentors
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2018 09:24:03 GMT
There seems to be a bit of confusion here. I am not a mentor for
Annotator, yet I am listed as one. I did champion it (and offer
advice/help on occasion), but AIUI the champion's duties officially stop
once the project has entered incubation and gotten set up. If this is
not the case, then our policies should be updated to reflect this, as it
seems wrong to assume duties we did not explicitly ask people to take on.

With regards,
Daniel.

On 09/09/2018 11:14 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Perhaps add some recognition in the text of the email that there may
>> be activity that we are unaware of? (Unlikely, but it seems rude to
>> presume.)
>
> I guess it’s possible you can mentor by just watching and only directing were needed,
so if everything going well there may be no need for any interaction. People can use different
email address or names online and could of been missed when I searched the email lists. So
yes if possible one or two people may be incorrectly sent this email.

> I’ll add:
>
> Of course it may be that we've got it wrong for one reason or another and you are actually
active, if that’s the case apologies in advance, and we’re happy for you to continue as
a mentor of your podling(s).