From "Vincent S Hou" <s...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): OpenWhisk catalog and apigateway 0.9.0 [RC1]
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2018 13:59:52 GMT
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your votes. This mail thread is closed now, since it has been open for over
72 hours.
I will consolidate the votes and send off the result.
Thanks.

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Advisory Software Engineer, OpenWhisk Contributor, Open Technology, IBM Cloud

Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: shou@us.ibm.com,
Phone: +1(919)254-7182
Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United States

-----Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote: -----
To: general <general@incubator.apache.org>
From: Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com>
Date: 09/18/2018 07:53AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): OpenWhisk catalog and apigateway
0.9.0 [RC1]

+1 (binding)

> On Sep 10, 2018, at 11:14 AM, Vincent S Hou <shou@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Dear IPMC members,
>
> This is a call for vote to release Apache OpenWhisk (Incubating): OpenWhisk catalog and
apigateway 0.9.0 [RC1].

> The  Apache OpenWhisk community has voted on and approved a proposal to release Apache
OpenWhisk (Incubating): catalog and apigateway, Version 0.9.0.

> We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members to review and vote on this incubator
release.

> Apache OpenWhisk Catalog maintains the package catalogs of openwhisk. In OpenWhisk, the
catalog of packages gives you an easy way to enhance your app with useful capabilities, and
to access external services in the ecosystem.
> Apache OpenWhisk Apigateway is a performant API Gateway based on Openresty and NGINX.
>
> OpenWhisk Catalog and apigateway vote thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/87b2d4006c3502a6cc402ea54f940ddb5ae9dcae958779d60a75d875@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E
>
> OpenWhisk Catalog and apigateway vote result thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8df308901539b825466505e7e51df32ba511fa2a39de8335a694bd05@%3Cdev.openwhisk.apache.org%3E
>
> This release comprises of source code distribution only.
>

> For OpenWhisk Catalog:
> The source code artifact of OpenWhisk Catalog can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-catalog-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz
>
> The SHA-512 checksum for the artifact of openwhisk catalog is:
> openwhisk-catalog-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz:
> 3BA28A6A 88B7700D 92929843 E742D6ED 65F3D48A DD537965 C0BA9822 E2414DCD 010EFE8B
> 4774D652 1CA6E3F7 6DFF6BEE 76FA982D 5070290B 20CBA110 7750F7ED
> which can be found via:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-catalog-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.sha512
>
> The signature of the artifact of openwhisk catalog can be found via:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-catalog-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.asc
>

> For OpenWhisk Apigateway:
> The source code artifact of OpenWhisk Apigateway can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-apigateway-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz
>
> The SHA-512 checksum for the artifact of openwhisk apigateway is:
> openwhisk-apigateway-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz:
> F62A50B7 970540B8 CA3C1796 13A75743 537B4374 3F0B9EA5 F4A35396 98A57D8E EAA0EFA5
> AB8AF26D 46E2E6A4 7794AE50 03887F11 6D7D9825 2EA08733 77B369DA
> which can be found via:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-apigateway-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.sha512
>
> The signature of the artifact of openwhisk apigateway can be found via:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/openwhisk/apache-openwhisk-0.9.0-incubating-rc1/openwhisk-apigateway-0.9.0-incubating-sources.tar.gz.asc
>

> KEYS file is available at:
> https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/openwhisk/KEYS
> This key has been validated here: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=houshengbo&op=index
>
> This is the first time that Apache OpenWhisk: Catalog and Apigateway request for a release,
so there is no file of CHANGELOG.

> The documentation on how to verify the artifacts can be found at:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENWHISK/How+to+verify+the+release+checklist+and+vote+on+OpenWhisk+modules+under+Apache
>
> We are currently using the tool called openwhisk-release(https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release)
to release all the modules of OpenWhisk. The instruction for release managers can be found
at: https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/blob/master/docs/release_instructions.md.
This tool
> supports  both manual and automated modes to package the source code, sign the artifacts
and upload the artifacts into Apache SVN repositories.